why is our logo all lowercase letters?
It is an expression of who we are and how we want to interact with you. We speak softly, we pause, we listen. We have conversations in which everyone participates. We understand that your story began before we met and that we are joining you for a stretch of your journey – we are not the beginning of this sentence, nor the end. We find meaning in what has come before and believe that the best is yet to come.
we like working with other lowercase letters
Like us, you love the informality of life in the Hudson Valley. You are looking for an honest constructive relationship with a team that will take the time to understand you and your aspirations. You have a lot of ideas, and maybe even a vision, but not enough time or know-how to make it happen on your own. You are looking for a partner to collaborate with, but more than that, you want a conversation.
we use capital letters when we need to
MAKE NO MISTAKE; we are serious about our trade. As individuals we have accomplished a lot – earned a bunch of master’s degrees, built hundreds of homes, restored historic landmarks, won design awards, started successful businesses – and together we are even better. We are architects, developers, builders, planners, and craftsmen. As a team, we bring all these skills to bear as we shepherd your project through the process; from concept to design to construction. We want to help you create something that is as individual as you are, and we have the expertise to make that happen.
what we do
We are a holistic design-build team and your single point-of-contact for the entire life cycle of your project from the day you purchase a property through move in and beyond. Our job includes (but isn’t limited to)…
- Guidance and support when you are buying a house or land
- Master-planning your site, including the utilities, landscape, hardscape, recreational amenities and driveway
- Designing your home, landscape, pool, and outbuildings
- Creating construction documents and coordinating with engineers and other specialists
- Securing development approvals and permits at the local, state and federal levels
- Creating cost estimates, selecting and purchasing products and materials, and managing your project’s budget during design and construction
- Managing our in-house team of more than a dozen carpenters, masons, and craftspeople
- Serving as General Contractor managing the many talented tradespeople with whom we have long-standing relationships